P-E Corporate Services SA (Pty) Ltd Management Consultants
A three-day training course for middle to senior management already in, or about to be appointed to a Strategic Management position A Planning, Development, Preparation and Implementation Course, driving home the issues of the above differentiations but focusing on the Visionary Objective of a Strategic Planning process.
The objectives of the three day training course are to enable participants to :
- Distinguish between issues of importance in strategic planning and issues that are inhibitors to strategic planning.
- Plan a strategic set of activities based on the fundamentals of the Vision statement of the organisation. This involves budgetary integrated plans with the vision of the organisation.
- Develop the Strategic outcomes they have in mind, deduced from the above outcomes and link it to their budgets and year to date financials.
- Prepare a Strategic plan and test the outcomes against Objectives. Measurement of actual activities with planned progress will be addressed.
- Implement the Strategic plans and ensure necessary control measures are in place, which includes financial budgets.
- Follow-up on their plans and control the outcomes and install corrective action in cases of deviation from standards if and when it occurs. Deviations from standards will be identified and addressed
- Pre-course work : participants must determine their level of authority to in itiate, develop, prepare and implement Strategic Planning.
- They also need to bring to the course the
- Vision Statement of the organisation
- Performance targets (financial and others, e.g. Balanced Score Card)
- Mission Statement of their functional department of SBU.
- The course is developed using the CRI (Criteria Referenced Methodology) and is Outcomes Based. Each Module has a Competence Assessment and a final Application Assessment to ensure delegates leave the course Competent in the set Objective.
Middle to senior management, who are already in a Strategic Planning function or to be appointed therein. These candidates will be proficient in English as written and oral communication to grade twelve level and in management or supervisory capacity for at least three years.