SPIN® - SELLING
The most persuasive thing sellers can do is show customers that they can provide what has been asked for.
Obvious? Yes. So why do typical salespeople spend 95% of their time doing something else? International research, involving the observation of some 40 000 business-to-business sales interactions, reveals exactly what sellers do in successful calls, and how rarely it happens.
The good news is that we know exactly what your sellers should do, and how to do it. SPIN® Selling, the world’s most widely-validated sales model, offers a framework for structuring sales conversations to uncover and develop needs and build value for your unique differentiators. It gives you the skills to present your solution to maximum effect.
Other approaches have come and gone, occasionally based on some research; but SPIN® remains widely adopted producing great results, at the world’s best companies. SPIN® is built on detailed knowledge of what works, and is still working today, when a seller sits down with a prospect.
We help you to address Issues like these:
- “Customers just don’t see why we’re worth a price premium”
- “We’re treated like a commodity instead of a high value supplier/partner”
- “We’re just not good at dealing with professional buyers”
- “Many of our sellers come from a technical background, so they talk about technical features instead of exploring the client’s business issues”
- “We need to be sure our sellers build value for our unique differentiators”
- “Our people know what they’re doing. But we need to refine their skills and make them consistent – personally, across teams, and across the whole company”
- “We need skills that give us a common language and success measures throughout the business”
- “We need an approach that goes beyond training – we want to improve the quality of our customer experience”
By delivering a set of essential skills that give sellers the ability to uncover and develop needs effectively, demonstrate value and make high-impact statements. Described by one client as “the only way to approach B2B selling”, these behaviours require sellers to move away from product-driven sales pitches and inflexible scripts to engage in customer focussed, value-driven, consultative sales conversations.
This will give you:
- a consistent approach to value creation
- more sales at higher margins
- higher levels of customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention
- shorter sales cycles
- fewer objections
- a common language to analyse, plan and report sales activities
The SPIN® Selling programme is aimed at anyone in sales, business development or in some other customer-facing role where demonstrating value to a prospect or customer is an important part of what you do – or should be doing. It provides an opportunity for genuine skill development as a platform for making a permanent behaviour change that will positively affect sales performance. The programme provides insights into how buying decisions are made. The SPIN® best practice model leads delegates to achieve sales advances that build value for both customers and their own organisations. The programme includes real world planning sessions to ensure that the new skills become embedded and that you achieve long-term sales improvements.
Sign up for our upcoming programmes
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- have analysed the strengths and weaknesses of their present selling style
- be able to describe the psychology of customer needs
- understand how major buying decisions are made
- be able to influence all members of a decision-making unit
- have demonstrated the key behaviours used by effective salespeople in their verbal interactions with customers
- have a framework for planning sales calls in terms of these behaviours
- have practiced behaviours that greatly reduce the likelihood of objections
- have frequently measured their performance compared with the skilled behaviour model and created an action plan for continued development of the skills after the programme.
- The psychology of decision making
- Opening the call
- Uncovering and developing customer needs
- The SPIN® model
- Situation Questions
- Problem Questions
- Implication Questions
- Need payoff Questions
- Demonstrating capability
- Practical tools to analyse and organise a persuasive case
- Obtaining commitment
- Objections – prevention and handing
We believe that learning is doing, so the programme is highly interactive with formal inputs interspersed with high levels of delegate activity. It involves participants working in small groups or pairs to practise and receive feedback on their skills, set against the success model.
Roleplays are digitally recorded and analysed using the SPIN® analysis tool to provide objective feedback and targets for behavioural improvement. Participants receive a practical workbook and a comprehensive reference book, both designed for use during and after the programme, so that the process of reinforcement starts the moment the training ends.
For more information please contact:Gretha Brews Skills Development Administrator
|firstname.lastname@example.org||+27 (0) 11 442 4334||+27 (0) 86 519 8956|